Terms and Conditions
1. Guaranteed check-in time is 2:00PM. If the property you are renting has been cleaned and inspected prior to your arrival on your arrival day, we will release it to you earlier. Keys can be picked up at the Coldwell Banke office, Plaza Conchal, in the center of Tamarindo. Keys will not be issued until the $500 security deposit is held on your credit card.
2. Out of Hours check-in: If your check-in day is on Sunday, or if you are planning to arrive after 5:00PM, you need to contact us in advance to make arrangements to pick up your keys. Please note there is a $50 out of hours check in fee, for check ins after 5pm.
3. Check-out time is 11:00AM on your departure date. Please, no exceptions, unless otherwise arranged 24 hours in advance! Please understand that it is a challenge to prepare all of our properties between 11:00AM and 2:00PM for the next guests, so 11:00AM is a firm check-out time. A $25/hour fee will be charged for eachhour (or portion thereof) past the required check-out time unless previously arranged. If you expect to check-out before our office opens in the morning, please make arrangements with us in advance about where to leave your keys. A $50 per item fee will be charged for each lost or unreturned set of keys.
4. Cancellations must be in writing. A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur a penalty of 50% of the rental amount. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full payment. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
5. Pets are not permitted in the property. Prior approval must be obtained in writing if you wish to bring you pet. Violation is grounds for immediate termination of the rental agreement with no refunds.
6. Sleeping Capacity, Smoking and Disturbances: Renters and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following reasons:
a) occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation
b) using the premises for any illegal activity
c) causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties
d) occupancy and use of the premises and common areas in such a manner that disturbs or offends other guests or residents
e) smoking inside the house or condominium. Smoking is only allowed outside
f) any other acts which interfere with neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their property. We wish you to have an enjoyable vacation, but youmust respect the rights of other guests.
7. Appliance Malfunctions: There are no rebates or refunds issued for any malfunctions or service requests for air conditioning, televisions, pools, appliances, elevators, etc. as every good faith effort is made to insure that the property is maintained to the highest standards. Every effort will be made to affect repairs as quickly as possible. Additionally, no refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortage, flooding or construction at adjacent properties.
8. Care of Property: You are expected to care for the property as if it were your own. In addition, you acknowledge that unless the property manager is notified within 24 hours of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, then thereafter, all damages or concerns to the property during your stay will be your responsibility. Each property shall be inspected and cleaned after your departure. The rental fee you have paid will provide for normal cleaning so you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $25 per hour. We ask that you leave the property in a neat condition including: all doors and windows closed and locked; all air conditioners off; all keys returned to the office by check-out time; all breakage reported to the office. Failure to adhere to this rule shall give the property manager the right to deduct appropriate sums for the security deposit plus a $25 processing fee prior to returning the balance.
9. Wireless internet is provided in all properties. Contact the property manager for cellular phone rentals during your stay.
10. What we supply: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, pillows, towels and a fully equipped kitchen.
11. What you should bring: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels and other dispensable items to get you started on your first day of vacation, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items as you need them. Full laundry facilities are included in the unit for your own use. We do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the units, so please bring your own beach towels.
12. Maid Service: Maid service is provided in the rental rate and includes 2 cleanings per one week period. Additional cleanings can be arranged for a fee of $25 each. This includes linens & towels service, trash removal and general cleaning.
13. Locked Areas for which tenant are not provided a key, such as owners personal storage areas, are exempt from this rental agreement and are off limits. You will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for forced entry into these areas and will be charged for damage and/or missing items. Some units have a safe with a combination digit pad; each renter is able to program their own code during their stay. Please leave safe door open upon vacating the unit.
14. Tenant’s Liability: You agree to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by you or your guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, you agree to reimburse the property manager for costs incurred to repair or replace damaged items.
15. Falsified Reservations – Any reservation obtained under false pretences will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
16. Written Exceptions – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
17. In the unlikely event that the property manager is unable to deliver said property to you under this lease agreement prior to occupancy because of fire, earthquake, other Acts of God, double booking, delay in construction, sale of the property or any other reason whatsoever, you agree that the property manager’s sole liability as a result of these conditions is a full refund of all monies previously paid to property manager. Pursuant to the terms of this lease, you expressly acknowledge that in no event shall the property manager be held liable for any consequential or secondary damages.
18. Hold Harmless: Property Manager does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply or water, gas, pluming or electricity. Nor will Property Manager accept any liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond itscontrol.
19. Additional Terms or Conditions: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges Property Manager and the Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Property Manager and the Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from.
20. Acknowledgement: I acknowledge that I have reviewed and understand the terms of this lease and agree to be bound hereby.
21. I hereby apply to rent the above-described premises for the term and the conditions set forth. I agree to abide by all rules and regulations pertaining to the rental property and will take responsibility for the other occupants of the rental unit.
22. A security deposit is to be held on a credit card to cover any damage or loss caused by me or my guests during our stay, over and above normal wear or tear. Property Manager shall provide an itemized bill for all deductions. The balance after any deductions, shall be released from the credit card within 7 days of check out